Thursday, February 26, 2009

Oh I Got A Ride and/or Im Kind Of A Prostitute/Whore

In Seattle, it doesnt snow much.
So when it does people either dont go to work or they panic and whine about it.
there is probably 2 inches of snow.

I waited at my stop with 2 new faces.
Both older, elderly, and Philipino.
Lyrna and Leonard.

Chat chat chat
Chat chat chat
unidentifyable banter
Chat chat chat

Then up above down the hill of Ruffner Street a green van drove on brakes.
The elderlies scurried across the road, 34th.
I stood there damning them.
But admiring the warmth of their bond.

DOWNTOWNN!!!!!!?

YES PLEASE!

I then scurried across the road, 34th.
I admired the warmth of this van of Philipinos.
Lyrna, Leonard, Myra and her husband, introduced to me as HUSBAND.
We drove together downtown.
Chit chatting.
All while sitting infront of a pair of handcuffs handcuffed to the back of the passenger chair hand rail.
And I touched it to see if it was real.
Which it was.

And as we veered 'round by way of Magnolia Bridge, the bus creeped up slowly, shyly.
And we chuckled and tsk tsk-ed the straglers we left behind.
Small talk ensued.
I smiled a lot.

We parted ways at 2nd and Union.
This would have never happened in Chicago.
Keep it up Seattoe.



So I like where I work.
I like that I make people laugh.
I like saying "Good Morning!" and "Drive Safe Now!" and "Hiediddledeedee."
I like that I am capable of small talk aaaaaand like it!



What does this mean?
That I do in fact live a dual life?
Or has one taken over the other?
Am I not so pervy and sick and demented as I always thought I was?

At least I know what life Im not supposed to live.
But to stand afar and admire.



I mean.
I get satisfaction out of making people happy.
And that is SICK.


What does that make me?
What about me?
I mean.

Ive always been in charge.


And always a good partner.


And a dedicated follower of fashion.


And a fan of tasteless anythings.


And dirty as dirty can be.



But to be both?
All the time?




And get paid for it.






Perhaps I have moved into a new life.


Where I am nice to people on the phone.
And am nice to every foot that crosses my path.
Most feet.

Hot and Cold.
Hot and Cold.
Hot and Cold.
Hot and Cold.
Hot and Cold.

You care because you wonder too.






Can we please just go already.



ps.


I got "flim flammed" by a bike cop yesterday.
And was winked at.
They took my froz yogs away.

Times is weird.


AND I LIKE IT.








No comments:

Post a Comment

My Fangs