Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Im Ok



I scuplted my hand for a show.
I had never worked with polymer clay (this intensely) but I became very attached to it.
I imagine many things when I see a thumbs up or think of one.
Its iconography has surpassed every fad every idea and image.
I could list every moment I thumbsupped but I dont have time.
Really.
Because Im at my job, typing into MS Outlook, on size 8 font, so no one can see me blogge to you.

Thumbs up, you guys. For being alive.
For not living in China or Earth City, MO.
For collectively having superior health.
For being moderately good looking.
For being so good at the mopeds.
For having the voices you do.
For knowing how to cook. (Keep reminding me, I have a cookbook to finish!)
For being scared of spaidaers.
For having good taste in most things.

I made this for a show.
It’s the sign we look for in say, an accident. When we’re experiencing a brutal break in time, waiting for an answer.
When our world has gone doom and gloom in a matter of seconds.
Sadly, my life is like that right now. While three quarters of my life is living in misery, I live in a state of doom and gloom when the whole world has gone black.
Its temporary. It is not who I am. But it’s a very strong force to deal with, all for stupid reasons. Fear, money, expectations.
Corporate is poison. One day I will leave and never return.

But in the meantime theres that small bit, the quarter part of my current life, that’s jam packed with all things electric.
And this sign is a reminder of that.

IM OK.






1 comment:

My Fangs