Monday, June 6, 2011

Cant Shake New York Outta My Hair, Part Two

Holy shitballs are you ready for Part Two? Uggad this is going to be photo heavy JUST WARNING YOU. Also, I dont know if youve noticed a new photo layout but Im trying different things and if I did it with Part Two it would have taken me 2 months to finish it. So Ill share the best photos here, and leave you with my flickr for more.

Saturday was an entire day of eyeball explosions minus the pus.
We started off a little late as I think everyone needed to sleep in. Firstly there is nothing like a New York bagel. Thats all.

First stop, GRAND CENTRAL.

Always beautiful, like youre inside a jewel box.



Do you know about the whispering wall?

If you do then this wont look just too dang funny.



Next, NEW YORK CITY LIBRARY.



Its the kind of library I think genius prankery and impossible cooking are schemed. Its also the kind of library I wish every city had. It was absolutely beautiful and very well utilized as you can see here. A grand library such as this, functioning as an actual library in the middle of New York City can you believe that? Can you believe this?! (GRAPES)



Or this? (HOUSE)



Or even this?! (FART SMITH)



And if youre lucky, your library will give you a miniature ice cream cone.



And if youre doubly lucky, youll eat some of this after your ice cream cone.



Next was the MOMA.
Many many years ago, I walked into the MOMA a few moments before they opened. I knew this but did not know why the door I opened was unlocked. So I walked right in, and no one was around to ask questions. And so I walked right in into a very quiet echo and took the escalator up right up to the 3rd floor. For a painting such as this, I remembered where it was housed. And once I reached the 3rd floor, I found the de Chirico that I have loved for so long. And I stared and stared about 6 inches from the piece, 6 inches far too close to a de Chirico, with other voices or whispers around I was completely alone to stare at this painting that shook me and startled and excited me in every way. A few minutes later I was asked by a nice security man what the hell I was doing there. I quickly fled to the first floor to pay for a ticket.

This time the de Chirico I adore was not there. It would have now been on the 5th floor but it was not there. His other paintings were there but this was not. But I was not too heartbroken. I discovered new works that I am absolutely gay for.

Ellen Gallagher



Francis Alys



Katie and Akiva



I got in trouble for liking the Alys too much. TWICE. Do you want to know where else I got in trouble? Well Ill tell ya. At the Met of course, at the ALEXANDER MCQUEEN exhibit.
Never got such a hard pokin in all my life but gad dammit was it worth it. RIP MCQUEEN.
I ache for you daily.

Do you shiver too looking at these?







GAD DAMMIT IM MAKING ONE FOR MY OWN













After a long day of museums we were naturally famished.
And like a good New Yorker, you eat dinner as late as possible, and only the most delicious food too.

Benji, this is for you.

We went to HANGAWI. My first hardcore freals vegetarian Korean experience.
It was as if I was getting ready for my first day of fun school. As many of you know, vegetarian Korean food is what Ill be working on for the next many months/years, with many (un)lucky guinea pigs. Our visit definitely made me realize that it is so very possible. I cant even describe how exciting it is. Will someone please slap me and make me start already?!



Duduk salad first.



Bucheem (pancakes) next.



Ddukboki of course.



Kimchi Jigae (maybe the best Ive ever had).



And my most favorite Ssam Bop!



I got to order, which was kind of stressful, but most of what I ordered were usually meat dependent dishes. Pork is kimchi's best friend. It's used to totally enhance and produce magic in your mouth. But the Kimchi Jigae, the pancakes, the Ddukboki and the Ssam Bop didnt need any meat at all. And it was truly out of this world. Oh gaaaaaad I have so much work to do.
But my god. ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! And its going to happen my friends.

After dinner, after a very long and exciting and eyeball exploding day, we ended the night with a few good cocktails at a quaint bar. Tomorrow, tomorrow is a whole 'nother day. Here's a hint, it rhymes with PONY TIE MAN and its as cool as this








1 comment:

My Fangs