Monday, December 27, 2010

I Was Once An Original Gangster

I was born in Chicago you know. A long time ago in the beginning of the year.
I wish I knew the first house we lived in but Im not sure it exists anymore.
But the house I remember the most was probably this one.



Steps from this, with sounds as common as birds.



This is where we lived before this other thing became its outfit. It was pale yellow, just like this and we lived upstairs. Me, Ron Weasley, Mom and Dad, and sometimes my cousin Tom who was kind of a troublemaker in law school. Here I emptied my mom's perfume vial samples (she had about four thousand) into her plants. We had many plants. I also ate dirt in this house. And drank toilet water. My sister at the age of 2 or 3 jabbed very sharp sewing scissors into my inner upper left arm. It was my first visit to the emergency room where I recieved 3 stitches. It was also the first time I fell in love. I was 4 or 5. And the doctor took care me and made me laugh and carefully protected my stitch with a bandaid as big as a sandwich. I dont know what his name was but I think he may have looked like Bob Saget. But I could be totally wrong. That night I found my sister out on the back porch crying. She was in big trouble for what she did. Even tho she had no idea. OR DID SHE.



Summers on Bosworth were the best. Our entire block was blocked for our block party. I won crayons usually. And it was also the day I got to go into everyones house. Well not everyone but mostly everyone's house. But maybe not this one because a man hung himself inside this window. As my sister CLAIMS.



And this was my kindergarden. Saint Andrews on Addison.



And where I first saw breakdancing.



And the alley we'd play in because were a bunch of no good rascals.



When I come home for the holidays, we usually make this pitstop. And its always nice.

And so are chestnuts.



And gigantic korean supermarkess and getting really excited about musslooms.



My parents do not live in Chicago any more. They live about 15 minutes from the great state of Wisconsin. I do not like the house they live in but I do like the quiet that surrounds.



One thing I love coming home to is my friend Pansy. She is a bitch. I also like seeing my paintings up around the house. And especially since my mom hasnt stashed them in the spidery basement. Thanks mawm.



I also love seeing my favorite faces. One, my sister soulmate sweetie Kristin Ann.



And of course, thee JANNY BOOGIN BOOG.



And her jellyfish umbers.



We shared hot korn fud. OF COURSE.





I also tried to spend as much time with my parents as I really only see them once a year.

Hi dad!



Hi PANS!



Hi NOT DOCTOR!
I had a weird stomach ache the whole time I was home but I tried to fight it because I knew what would happen if I told my mom.



AND I FELT BETTER INSTANTLY! Until I yarfed everything inside.

ANYWAY my dad and I chatted for a long time.

This is my grandfather. My dad's dad. I only met him once when I was 3.



He jumped thru a shithole / toilet and escaped to South Korea in January 1951, right as the Korean War started. On January 14, 1951, my dad's immediate family left North Korea for the south. My dad was 4 years old and was carried by a shaman woman who worked at my grandfather's rubber factory. My dad said he used to see her dancing on knives! Its what they do. My dad's oldest brother, the only uncle I know well, carried their grandmother as far as he could. My 2 other uncles and 2 other aunts, all just a bunch of kids, and my grandmother whom Id never met, traveled on foot for days. Along the way to the south, they passed many people who had given up. Many were starving, many were hopeless, many were old and unable to walk. My dad said they left their grandmother since no one could carry her any further. He knows she died very lonely. I didnt know anything about her until this visit home. He saw a ghost of her or what would have been her, when he was a child in their house in Busan, the southern port town where you can see Japan on a very clear day. He is remembering her now for some reason after all this time and when he thinks of her and who she could have been his face is bitter sweet. There are no photos of her but I think she must of liked my dad the most.

I think Ill tell you the whole story some other time. Also, ironically enough, I was born on January 14th.

DONT BE SAD KIDS.



Anyway, it was nice being home. The short and few days I was there. But hopefully my parents will move out west. Or maybe even back to Korea. And see this on their way.



Bye Pansy I miss your fat guts.








Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

My Fangs