Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Get Out of Town and Kale Chips Are Better Than Fried Chicken Skin

HI! Sorry I had some problems with blogger for some reason but now that the problem's fixed Im happy to return my dizzying banter.

We went a long journey on Sunday to Leavenworth.
Only one of us had been there but Smurt did a good job not ruining any surprises.
He's also a good driver however, often times frightening.

But on the way to Bavaria, we stopped and looked at some trains.
Why trains and not bears, taffy machines, roller skates, Claus Oldenburg "Knees", and/or something? Well because it was that time when Santa, I mean Chris Salmonson, comes to visit this part of the new world. And so we stopped for trains.



Trains!



Trains!



Trains!



Trains.



And dinosaur on train!



Then we left the trains. And on our windy and windy way to the alps.
It was quite a site, watching the clouds flaking the mountain tops with snow. Like REAL snow.



The wind started to move quickly, I could smell the fear, or maybe that fear was coming from Kurt's butthole.



But eventually we got to Leavenworth and was greeted by a clown.



And another clown.



And we popped in to a German restaurant that was not made for vegetarians or pescitarians etc.



But our guest was happy with his schnitzel and berrr.



Then Chris thought he would give us a tour.



But Kurt had to stop to have a poo.



Then we saw this sinking building!



The mounds of fun were really magical. I could only imagine the elves and dwarves in the forest watching us with glee. Or hungering rage.



Then I saw some friends.





Then got kicked out of Leavenworth by this guy.



We stopped in Tacoma so Murttle could see his grandma. We waiting in the car because our bodies were swollen with gas. Because we were on such good behavior, Myartt took us to the Dollar Tree and bought us each ONE item. I picked the colorful zip ties OF COURSE. THEN! HARK! TRAVIS CALLED FROM JAMAICA! No. Not Jamaica Queens. The real one. He was having the most wonderful time and said he missed me SIGH and that he hit his head by running thru a waterfall and into a cave. He confirmed that there was no blood.
THANK GAD. I mean really. And so Travis is having the best time, eating poisonous fruit meats, rowing bamboo rafts, entertaining lady construction workers and eating seaweed burgers and enough Red Stripe to bathe in.
He promised we would return IM TELLING YOU ALL NOW JUST IN CASE HE FORGETS M'KAY?! I miss him. Every day he's gone is about 4.67 days for me. So currently, he's been gone for an eternity. He leaves for Cuba on Saturday. Good vibes mon. Hope he doesnt come back fashioned with slick hair, open shirts with jewelry tangled in his wiry chest hair, and uggad, herpes. OOOOH GAAD FOR THE LOVE OF GAAAAAAD.

ANYHEWDLES, my roommate Charlie has been making macaroons like 5 days in a row.
I on the other hand have been making Kale Chips for the last 5 days as well. But he's not getting fatter and Im not getting deathly skinny. WHATS THE DEAL HELLLLLO?!

But I will say this.

Kale chips are by far, better than fried chicken skin. I have NEVER in my life eaten a plate of skin, but you can just BEE LEE DAT.

Befyore.



After.




ALSO? KOREAN BANH MI. Yeah thats what I said.
Made with glazed tofu, pickled radish (daikon) and tasty soy bean sprouts I just made for my Vegetarian Korean blog and slammed it in some toasted French bread.



Outrageously good. Cant wait til my friend Jess and I have PARTY BANH MI day.
And when that happens, you best be there.






2 comments:

  1. I look like I'm peeing on the railroad tracks in the top photog! Also, I'm pretty sure you Photogshopped me into the picture where I'm jumping. FOR SHAME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs035.snc1/4324_525536194653_56200539_31278666_4027882_n.jpg

    Good eats!

    ReplyDelete

My Fangs