Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Live For You

It may be impossible to ignore the clash of total rapture and total melancholy when filling your/my ear holes with Belle & Sebastian.
And with it being fall (thanks for the reminder KG), another added level of all things past, tonight will bring a torrent of nostalgia, a gush of emotions and we'll cry.
We'll cry with big hearts and think of the ones we love the most, the ones we loved the most, the ones we wish/ed loved us, and the ones we wish were still here.
Belle & Sebastian cemented my grow up time. From 1996 to today and forever.
Tonight will primarily bring flashbacks of my months in London, a profound time a heartbreakingly outstanding turning point in my life and sadly my only moment of pure and true freedom.
All I had with me was The Boy With The Arab Strap.
It was the only sound I wanted. Quiet, exciting, natural.
It was the sounds that walked me through centuries and unleashed an urgent curiosity.
Curiosity in history, in science, in music, in art, in understanding love and the brotherhood of man.
I wanted to know everything and feel everything.
And I still harbor those feelings but only small inklings of those feelings.
Tonight my heart will break and Ill yearn that time and all those feelings.
I only wish I could live like I did right now, in full force.
Maybe one day I will not work like Im working now, and Ill live a bit of that freedom.
Jihee, I remember you and you are still in London.











No comments:

Post a Comment

My Fangs