Monday, September 13, 2010

Thats Not An Elephant Thats a Parrot

PEEKABOO! GUESS WHO!?



Oh its just me. Not Angela that blogge HOG.

Anyway. Hi! I had a really relaxing weekend. KIND OF. I tackled my ivy bed that is so seriously invasive and such an enabler, for rodents. And slugs and SPAIEDERS!
But really. I am maybe half way there.
See?



About 16 feet of dirt. Shall I keep going? That strip gets so much dingdong sun that I might as well.

I discovered some nasty root action thats like way down below in the earth.
Maybe I was a little overly ambitious to start without really thinking it thru or doing my homework but at least the ivy is nearly gone that betch. So ill have to some how kill off all the roots but I really dont want to use a herbicide but maybe its all I can do. I learned a lot from my first garden and that bugs will always win. Theyre so much more advanced. And theyve been around longer than I have. Not to say that theyre smarter than me, but destroying gardens by way of surviving? Its what they do. But they can be SOOOO CUTE!!!!

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!



So hopefully by building a raised bed and having covers and netting Ill be able to keep my veg safe from these imposters, and in a fresh bed of delicious nutrients.
What will I grow?! Too much. Why? Because this thing called farmin is so new to me and its exciting and frustrating and tiring and awesome.

* * *

So it was hard not being at the tracks this weekend. Travis crashed big but claims that he's ok. Janny suggested I force him to play Pictionary and convince him that the elephant that he would draw was really a parrot and that I should take him to the hospital in fears that he's bleeding inside his noodle and eventually out his ears. I think he's ok. He's almost indestructable. WHAT ARE YOU I DONT KNOW!!!

Anyway. So no racing photos. I am a failed documentarian. For now.

Also, Im BANANAS for these.



Of course.


<3


Remember the first time you heard this little hit. Oh oh yeah yeah ooh ee Yolanda. Fall time is hand holding time.




12 days to SF!!!!!!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Fangs