Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Technology, Nay! Okay Fine.

Its already Fall. SLAP.
Whatever GET OVER IT.
But really.

I went to PAX! Never experienced such a thing!
It was as exciting as finding the biggest Smiths poster and not being able to fit it in the car!



Or discovering the ghost living in your house turned out to be a fire tornado!



Or having a heart to heart with your mom. YOUR REAL MOM.



But really.
My gaming skills are mediocre. Similar to my moped preventative maintenance skills.
And when I realize that Im so far behind Technology, it makes me feel old. Nay, juvenile. Nay, troll-like. Nay, trapped in a river trying to escape N. Kore. Nay, an Old Navy employee. Nay, barnacles. Nay, this guy:



WAIT. NOT THAT GUY.

Basically, watching Portal 2 made me feel like this. SUB-PAR. Because my brain can identify and conquer pattern formations far better than anyone in this world. BUT when its bouncing off thick goo that I disperse thru a series of gun-like shots and trickery and floating thru tubes that look like enormous transluscent eye cream, avoiding laser deaths from chicken sized robots, looking at my bod thru portals, to eventually destroy a voice that's been lying to me taunting me? Im stumped. But I aint no dummy.

But these guys are...who waited maybe 9 hours to watch someone play the first 3 levels of Portal 2. Id rather wait and not spoil it.
I mean, do you think Mister Barack Obama (Who has said "OOH! I LOOOOOOOOVE PORTAL!") was like I WANT TO SNEAK PEAK NOOOOOOW DADDY! No. He, like me, do not like our fun getting spoiled. We wait and let the eggcitement fizz fizz then KABOOM! I mean, those were just thoughts we've shared in our sporadic texts.

Just look at em waiting.



But seriously folks, I had a great time.

Surth and I played GAMMA WORLD, a new game from DD.
We lucked out as it were and joined a gaggle of professionals.



I was an empathic doppleganger made entirely out of fiber optics.
Sath was a stoagie smoking cockroach who no one could get close to without suffering ongoing fire damage. Together, along with the others, were killing alien robot computers. It was a great time. Almost as eggciting as our game.
Im a lady! I have white hair and can teleport! I have a mage hand!



This is an inch worm. Maybe the first one Ive ever seen. I gave Stephanie a bunch of enormous blackberries. I could have killed her. I feel so bad.



Anyway. I think the thing that really made PAX worth it was Fable III.
I mean. I have never ever been so attached to a video game. No, Dr Mario is not a game, it is a tool. That I beat you with. But really. Theres something about Fable III that gets me all giddy. Is it because my spell casting is so dingdong powerful? Is it the intimidating swift sword handling? Is it my curves? Is it because treasures are everywhere to be found as are DEALS, and how I can fart in someones mouth and make their cheeks puff out? (You can't really do that in this game YET). I dont know what it is. But I love it. I love Fable. Its also made for girls.

Oh!!!!! SIIIIIIIIIGH.



But thats the extent of my nerdiness I guess.
Unlike some.



* * *

And in "Be Still My Heart" news,

Chip has a Japanese brother (who was born in Belgium).

Meet Hobbitosan!








No comments:

Post a Comment

My Fangs